Our low cost OSHA approved crane inspections will help keep maintenance on your overhead cranes and hoist to a minimum.
Modern Crane Technologies has an inspection program that will provide your business with the preventative maintenance schedule best suited for your crane and hoist workload.
Our plans are flexible and can be performed monthly, quarterly or yearly based on your crane requirements and your needs. Most cranes require quarterly inspections, however, the freqency of use and the environment can impact the frequency of required inspections.
What are the benefits of an Inspection Program performed by MCT?
- Inspections are MiOSHA approved and also cover NEC, CMAA and ASME B30.2.
- Inspections comply with MiOSHA requirements so you’ll always know if there is a potential violation.
- Our technicians are highly qualified, trained and experienced.
- We’re local!
- We’re available 24/7.
- Inspections prevent costly downtime.
- Stay on top of potential problems before they become costly repairs.
- Extend the life of the crane & hoist.
- Reduce the number of service calls.
What does a Modern Crane Technologies crane inspection consist of?
- A complete computer generated inspection report highlighting all major components of the unit (bridge, trolley, main & auxiliary hoist, cab, wire rope & hook).
- MiOSHA (OSHA) regulations, CMAA recommendations, ASME standards and NEC requirements along with violation number and our suggestion regarding compliance.
- Notification of areas of wear, stress or fatigue.
- Recommendations and suggestions on needed repairs and other maintenance issues.
- Lubrication of required components.
- Inspection of all bolted and welded connections.
- Minor adjustments.
- Operational test run through all functions of the unit.
- If applicable, a severe damage report indicating areas that need immediate attention will be provided to you at the time of the inspection.
- To see a complete list of what our inspection services consist of, click here.
Our inspection reports are clear and to the point. They are easy to read and to understand. Every inspection done by Modern Crane Technologies is stored in our client portal and are available 24/7 with your user name and password.
For your convenience we are providing you with the following files:
All overhead cranes need to have a service class rating as prescribed in CMAA #70-Specifications for Top Running Bridge and Gantry Type Multiple Girder Electric Overhead Traveling Cranes. This rating must be marked on the crane, MIOSHA Rule 408.11822(2).
To determine your crane classification, please click the file below.
At the beginning of each shift during which a crane is used, visual inspection in accordance with MiOSHA Rule 408.11871 shall be made. For your free shift inspection checklist, please click on the file below.